Site Showcase- Jan Ketza

My friend Jan is a wonderful artist, her medias are painting and jewelry design. I meet her on my very first visit to Galena.  Jan had a hand painted clothing store that she had set up a table of beads, The Bead Bar. I talk to her about my desire to move to Galena for a long time, I felt I had found the place we had been looking for.   Later she would say she knew she would be seeing me again.  Jan is also the person who gave me the title "Artistic Pioneer Women". Always looking for ways to expand her creative footprint on the world.  She is a co-owner of Galena Beads in Galena Illinois and Beadology in Lake Geneva Wisconson.  One of her great inspriations is Georgia O'Keffe.  Take a look at her blog where she  tells you how Georgia helped her become the artist she is today. This is one of my favorite paintings by Jan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Give Away 1/25/2010

Give Away -- Beads

Hey out there