Fall and Family

My sister in law Tamra and her family came up this weekend. Most of the time we are very laided back and just hang out around the house. This weekend we ventured off to a fest in Wisconsin, very cute. They had moved a log cabin and rebuilt it plank by plank. It was really nice. The last time they come up my chili was a hit so I made it again, good but a little hotter than last time. My nephew really loved Monkey bread, I usually buy the frozen stuff from the store. This weekend I thought I would make it. I found this recipe online. Big hit but I shortened the baking time to 35min.

MONKEY BREAD

4 cans refrigerator biscuits (about 40)
1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup pecans, raisins and/or coconut, if desired

Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. Pour sugar and cinnamon into a plastic bag and mix.
Add biscuit pieces, several at a time; shake to coat well.

Place pieces in a buttered tube or Bundt pan until all are used.

Sprinkle layers with nts, raisings or coconut.

Bring brown sugar and butter to a boil in saucepan. Cool 10 minutes, then pour over top of biscuits.

Bake at 350F for 35 minutes. Allow to cool 15 minutes before removing from pan. Turn upside down to serve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Give Away 1/25/2010

Give Away -- Beads

New Give Away, Recycled Leather Bracelet