The growing season is here

A little late it seems to us, last year we had our garden planted already. We have yet to till the plot with all the rain we have had. It has been very hot here the last week, "they" keep threating us with rain but none has fallen. The property we live on lucky came with a sweet little green house so we have been able to start our seeds. We hope the weather holds up and the garden will be planted by the end of next week. At the farmers market last week there was only a some beans and onions, I hope all the farmers can still have a good growing season. I will post pictures of the planted garden as soon as we are able to get to it. Let me know if you have planted your garden yet or are running behind a bit

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
So glad you introduced yourself! Love your shop and I will definitely be visiting again!

Judging by the condition of your spring, I was at first thinking you were in the PNW too. I guess if spring is still in this early stage in Ill. too, I should stop complaining!:-)

We have allowed the bleeding hearts to go anywhere in the garden they want. They seem to be especially beautiful this year.
Melinda said…
I don't plant here until the end of this month, so as of yet we aren't behind... ;) I wasn't even sure if I was going to be able to manage a garden this year, without overwhelming myself with work. But a couple of weeks ago I did get the lettuce and peas planted (this was quite a bit later than usual) and am now planning on the big garden. Still need to till, but I think we'll manage it in time! Good luck with you garden! :)

Popular posts from this blog

New Give Away 1/25/2010

Give Away -- Beads

New Give Away, Recycled Leather Bracelet